Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

And baby makes FOUR!!!


Reid, Caeden, and I are excited to announce that we will now be a family of FOUR!! We found out we were pregnant nearly two months ago, on January 30th.  I was excited, and shocked!  While we had been trying for awhile, I didn't think it was going to happen that month for various reasons.  (Yet another lesson on how God is always in control).  I immediately went to our living room, sat down on the couch, and started saying a prayer that sounded like this, "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!"  Because I wasn't exactly prepared and knew I didn't want to hold this secret in all day, I had to quickly think of a way to tell Reid.  So I set out his cereal and cereal bowl and set the pregnancy test next to it.  A few minutes later, he walked in to make his breakfast, quickly turned around and gasped.  He was pretty shocked too.  Of course then we hugged, talked for a few minutes, and went on about our day.  But during my day, I kept looking at this all throughout the day, like it wasn't real or something...

Obviously we wanted to tell our parents quickly, but in person...and we wanted Caeden to be the one to tell them.  So we made arrangements to go home that weekend for a visit.  Once we got into town, we told each of our families separately, by showing them Caeden's new "trick." Since he likes to show off, this was no surprise to the grandparents, and he quickly had their attention.  We explained that we had been teaching Caeden his holidays.  Here's how the conversation went:
Mommy: Caeden, what happens in December?
Caeden: CHRISTMAS!
Mommy: What happens in February?
Caeden: VALENTINE'S DAY!
Mommy: What happens in October?
Caeden: Mommy has BABY!!

Of course, all the grandparents were excited and thrilled to have another grand baby!  And I think they're all praying for PINK this time...

From that point on, I spent the next month feeling nauseous and very tired.  I also was quite emotional...more tears and irritability than usual.  There were lots of foods that made me queasy...even sweets didn't sound good, which goes against my blood!  I craved lots of cheeseburgers, fries, and Chick-fil-a Chicken Biscuits.  But since we can't afford to eat out a lot, I didn't really get to indulge on these cravings. :)

We had an early ultrasound on February 22, when I was 6 weeks.  We were so happy to see a heartbeat, and to know there really was something inside of me. The baby just looked like a little blob at this point, but it was still cute!  The heart rate was 140 bpm.  (PS - the little circle next to the baby is the yolk sac).


While I am very nervous about having two kids, we are so thankful for this new little one that God has blessed us with.  We already love "it" and loved getting to see "it" inside of me!

1 comment: