1. Take Caeden ice skating. DONE! We did this in December, cutting it close!
2. Go on a vacation - just our small family. We went to Florida in July and had an awesome time!
3. Eat at three new restaurants. We ate at Greenhouse Grille and Common Grounds for the first time (both in Fayetteville), and at Tavola Tratorria (in Bentonville).
4. Read a John Grisham book together. We read The Pelican Brief in February. You can read that blog post here.
5. Paint a new room in our house. This was kind of easy since I had Callie - the nursery was the room we painted!
6. Contribute more money to our IRA. YEP! We used part of our tax refund to do this.
7. Visit one new state park. We actually visited TWO new state parks. We visited Mt. Magazine State Park in Arkansas and Honeymoon Island State Park while in Florida.
8. Go mountain biking together. Nope....Since I found I was pregnant mid-January and spent most of the year being pregnant - we didn't get to this one...
9. Eat more vegetables. Yes, we tried! I was more conscious of the variety of vegetables in all of our meals.
10. Hang a large family picture in our living room. No....We almost did! We have the pictures and bought the frame. We just have to PRINT the picture and hang it up....Can I have one more week??
11. Eat at Waffle House at midnight. I thought this would be a fun goal, but it's just too late at night for this mama...
12. Go to a piano bar. So, we couldn't find one. We were told the one in Fayetteville closed and could never find one in the Joplin area either... I heard a week ago that the one in Fayetteville was open now? Oh well...too late...
I thought this was a fun idea (that I stole from a friend), so I would encourage your family to do this for 2013 if you want! We may or may not continue this idea... If we do - I'll keep you posted! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!