Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Happy 30th Birthday to REID!!!

This past Sunday was Reid's 30th birthday!  I knew better than to throw him a surprise party, but I couldn't just do the normal dinner and a movie thing either....We had to do SOMETHING to make this birthday different!  So we had a 3-day celebration!  Here's a recap of our fun weekend we had celebrating his 30th!

Friday night, we met some of our close friends for dinner at a local Italian restaurant called Tavola Tratorria. It was our first time to eat there, and it was wonderful!  We were there for 3.5 hours, just hanging out with our friends, telling stories, and catching up.  It was so great to have an evening out with friends (and without kids!)   PS - Thanks to my sister Ariel and her husband for coming to watch Caeden and Callie!

This was us, before heading out to dinner


I also wanted to do something with just our small family for Reid's birthday.  So on Saturday, after Caeden's nap, we went ice skating at the outdoor rink in downtown Bentonville. It was our first time to go to this rink, and Caeden's first time to ice skate ever!  Caeden did a great job and Reid had fun teaching him what to do (a.k.a.....holding him up so he didn't fall).  :)  After ice skating, we finished the evening off by having dinner together at Chick-fil-a!




Sunday was Reid's actual birthday.  So after church, I had planned to make Reid's favorite meal (Taco Soup with Cornbread).  What he didn't know is that I had also planned for some surprise visitors.  Right about the time I was almost finished making lunch, Reid and the kids were on the couch and our doorbell rang....Who was it?  Reid's brother Rhett - and his wife Jennifer!  Surprise!  A few minutes later, there was another knock at our door!  Surprise!  Reid's parents and Gram were here!  They all stayed for lunch and we just spent the afternoon hanging out and visiting.  Reid's birthday cake was an ice cream cake from Cold Stone Creamery (our favorite!).  We had a great time hanging out and relaxing with his family!


Reid and I have been together for 14 years....so it's pretty crazy that we've been together for almost half our lives!  I've gotten to celebrate many birthdays with Reid and I can't wait to see how we continue to celebrate many more!  I always tell people that I'm very lucky to have him as my husband!  He has always had a servant heart, putting me, our kids, and other people before himself.  Since the day Caeden was born, he has been the most involved father!  He knows how to make a bottle, burp, give the kids baths, put them to bed, change diapers, etc.  I've never had to "teach" him how to do these things because he's always done them right along with me.  It's so wonderful to have an extra load lifted off, knowing my kids are in GREAT hands with Daddy! After working 9 hour days, he comes home and immediately starts playing with Caeden, he'll help me with Callie when needed, and even wash dishes after dinner.  Then he puts Caeden to bed every night, and spends time with me afterwards!  Again, he has always been a servant, and is so selfless!  I love him so much and feel blessed to be called his wife! Happy 30th Birthday Reid!

No comments:

Post a Comment