Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Baby #2: Month 4!!

So, my belly just keeps growing!  I'm definitely bigger in my 4th month with this baby, than I was with Caeden!

     Month 4 of Pregnancy with Caeden

               Month 4 of Pregnancy with Baby #2


I had to start wearing maternity clothes (this month) as the rubber band trick stopped working on my "normal" pants.  However, I have to say that I was glad to have some more comfortable clothes! I've continued to be pretty tired most days of the week, have LOTS of headaches, and am feeling warm almost all the time!  I don't think I experienced the warm body heat until much later with Caeden....so this will be a long pregnancy!

People really started to comment on my belly around 15-16 weeks, so I was glad I was maybe past the "fat" stage, and was actually looking pregnant.  There have been a few strange symptoms I've had that have been new for me this time around: cramping in the back of my thighs, and occasional heartburn.  I don't remember having these in my last pregnancy, so that's kinda different. As I'm writing this post, we will be finding out the gender of our baby in TWO WEEKS!  I just want to say now that I'm predicting this baby is another BOY and Reid feels strongly that this one is probably a GIRL!  So, who knows?

Probably the most exciting part of this month was starting to feel the baby move.  I felt it at 15 weeks, which was much earlier than I did with Caeden (18 wks). It feels like tapping on the inside of my very lower belly. It's so fun feeling these tiny movements!

I've still been working out, which I'm proud of.  I didn't work out at all during my pregnancy with Caeden.  This time, I started working out after Christmas (which was actually before I even got pregnant) and have worked out 4-5 days/wk since then!  I'm hoping this will mean a healthier pregnancy, an easier delivery, and maybe even that my body will bounce back quicker after this pregnancy!  At this point, I'm 17 weeks and I have not gained any weight.  I'm so happy with this (and my dr is okay with it too) since I was actually a little overweight when I got pregnant.  She's recommending that I only gain 15-25 lbs with this baby, so it's perfectly okay (and actually healthy) that I haven't gained any weight yet.

I think that's the end of this update!  So far the pregnancy is going well, and we're SUPER EXCITED to find out the gender in a few weeks!  We'll keep you posted!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You should update us on the size and developments of your baby. It's fun to know. And Caleb thinks its a girl too!

    ReplyDelete