Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pregnancy Update: Month 6

I have just concluded the sixth month of my pregnancy and am now beginning my third trimester!  Only 3 months to go!! We are feeling lots of emotions in getting ready for our baby girl.  Of course, there's the excitement of having a baby GIRL this time!  But it also makes us nervous to have a baby, while still raising and making quality time with Caeden.  We're trying to really cherish this summer, and savor each moment we have together as a family of three.  Even though we have a lot of logistical things to do to get ready, we're trying not to become consumed with it - I don't want to look back on my pregnancy and regret time I didn't spend with Caeden.

As far as symptoms I experienced this past month, it was mainly just feeling sluggish, and starting to feel "uncomfortable."  It's hard to bend over, and get up & down off the floor.  My favorite part is feeling our baby girl's body parts rub against me on the inside - it's still just the coolest feeling.  She's most active in the mornings, and when I lay on my back.  I've also been feeling her hiccup on a daily basis lately - but not at the same time of day.  And my belly button is definitely an "outie" these days!

My belly already feels so big, I'm nervous for how uncomfortable I'll be when I'm 8 & 9 mos pregnant.  The dr said my uterus is measuring right on track, but it's just that my belly is more stretched out from having Caeden. I miss having a "normal" smaller belly, and being able to move around easier.  Someone recently said, "When are you due? Any day now?"  Uh....no!  I still have 3 more months!
**Sorry!  No belly picture this month - we honestly just kept forgetting to take one, and then the month was over!

My dr's visit this month was the normal, shorter kind, and everything went well.  By the end of my 6th month, I had gained 9.5 lbs.  The baby's heart rate was 154 bpm, which is exactly what it's been every visit!  When the nurse was listening to the heart beat, our little girl kept sticking up a body party - it was like a pointy thing sticking out of my belly, and she just kept doing it.  We were all laughing and it was fun to watch!  I'll do my glucose screening test next time, so I'll keep you posted!

We got signed up for our Childbirth Refresher Classes, but won't be starting them for a few more months.  And we're still thinking about baby names.  We thought we had it down to two names....and then we started thinking of a few more we liked.  I'm REALLY  hoping we have this decided soon!!

The beginning of this month was rough, emotionally.  When I got pregnant, I got off my anti-depressants, and it definitely set in this month.  I cried a lot, was very irritable, and was very tired.  I started taking some iron partway through the month though, and saw the biggest difference!  I was anemic during my pregnancy with Caeden, so I was suspecting I might be dealing with the same thing.  I have seen a huge difference since I started taking Iron.

Caeden is still excited about his baby sister!  One morning he woke up and the first thing he said was, "Mommy! Did my baby sister come out yet??"  And he finally got to feel her move this month.  His first time to feel her was when we were reading a book during beditme.  She was very active, and he kept smiling, saying, "She is moving a lot mommy!"  He still loves to talk to her in my belly, and is pretending a lot more often with baby dolls.  Typically, Reid would not be happy with this, ;)  but we know it's good for him to role play what it will be like to have a baby in the house. We've been reading lots of book about babies too!

We also got a lot done in baby's room.  My mom came down for a few days to watch Caeden while we go the baby's room COMPLETELY cleaned out!  (We then had a big garage sale, and made lots of money!)  We finally ordered the baby's bedding, and got her room painted!  Here is Caeden helping with the paint job!





We're getting so close!  I know I still have 3 months left, but I also know it will fly by!  I've been so lucky to have Reid home this summer to help take care of Caeden and get the kids' bedrooms ready.  I'll definitely be missing him when he goes back to work in a few weeks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment