Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

And so it begins...

...the school days!  Caeden started Mother's Day Out today, for the first time.  He will only be going once a week, but of course, we call it "school."  We've been talking this up for a few weeks now - buying a new backpack, lunchbox, and reading books about starting school.  And today was the day!  He was so excited, he carried his lunchbox around all morning.  I dropped him off at 8:00 and he did great all the way into the classroom.  Then as I turned around to leave, he started screaming.  Of course this hurt my heart - I always imagine he's thinking, "Why is my mom leaving me?" and maybe feeling abandoned...  But I know it's good for both of us.  I got so much done today, it was incredible.  And when I picked him up at 2:00, his teacher (Ms. Stephanie) said he did great!  She commented on how he did such a good job at sharing and taking turns.  She also loves how he says the word "yellow," which is his favorite color - and she noted that she was impressed he was potty trained and knew all his colors.  She said he only cried for a few minutes at the beginning, which is so reassuring.  He even fell asleep on his cot during naptime!  He only slept 45 minutes, but at least he slept!  When I picked him up and got in the car, I asked him if he liked school.
He replied, "I like...big school!"  It was a great day for the both of us!




1 comment:

  1. He looks SO much bigger than two years old! Where did the time go? So glad he ended up having a good day and you, too.

    ReplyDelete