Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A sweet moment

In the midst of having a two-year-old who loves to display his independence and throw temper trantrums, I try to cherish each sweet moment we have in this household. 

The other day I walked into his bedroom, where he was sitting in the glider and reading "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" to himself.  He had picked out the book and climbed into the chair himself to read.  It was funny to stand outside the door and listen to him read his version. :)  When I first walked in, he didn't see me, so I snapped a picture.



Once he noticed I was there, I got another one real quick:


As any parent, I want my child to love books and love reading.  Yes, he loves to be read to before nap and beditme, but he rarely just sits down by himself long enough to read a book.  So, this was a very sweet moment to walk into.

No comments:

Post a Comment