Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

John Grisham

So, Reid and I can officially mark one of the 12 things off our list (to do in 2012).  One of our goals was to read a John Grisham book together.  Reid got interested in John Grisham after Christmas (I don't know why).  He decided to try to read all of his books this year - Up until January, neither of us had read any of his books, and we decided he was too well-known of an author to have never read his books.  So, the reading adventure began.  Reid has already read 4-5 of his books in the last two months.  The one we chose to read together was:



We each had our own copy, but we tried to read at the same pace, so we could discuss the book as we went.  Some of the predictions Reid made were correct, and some that I made were correct.  I also made some really "bad" predictions too!  And I decided it's hard for me to hold in "secrets."  If I would get a few chapters ahead of Reid, I wanted to tell him so bad what was about to happen, but I realized pretty quickly that he didn't think that was very fun! ;)  It was also fun to read together because we could ask each other questions, and talk about what we liked/didn't like about the book.  If you've never read this book, I would highly recommend it!  Even though it's an older book, it was great!  We read it so quickly because we couldn't put it down.  I would rate it .  The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is because there were 7 killings in the book, which is a lot.  If I read it before bed, I got scared and had trouble sleeping. ;)  So I had to read during the day.  Otherwise, it was great!  So, now we only have 11 more things to do in 2012!

1 comment:

  1. I've only finished one John Grisham book--The Innocent Man. (I've started considerably more). It was really good, and I had no trouble sleeping while listening to it. When I worked at the Fayetteville Public Library, they let us listen to books as we worked.

    I think he is a pretty good author. *When he's writing his own books, that is.

    However, if you haven't read Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz, then you should. Tomorrow. I mean it, and if I still have my copy, then I'll let you borrow it.

    Also, Ryan and I did the same thing you are doing with Reid, but we did it with the Twilight and the Left Behind series. Some of the best bonding ever :) .

    ReplyDelete