Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Looking back...

So tomorrow is offically Caeden's birthday!  Today my mind has constantly been on what was going on this time last year.  This was the day my doctor decided to induce me.  My appointment was at 11:15 that morning.  I was so excited to know I would surely have Caeden in my arms by tomorrow night...but was also nervous about the unknown.  She told me not to eat anything after 3pm.  Sooo...Reid and I went to have a huge meal at McAlister's around 2:30pm.  :)  The rest of the afternoon was pretty laidback.  We just came back to the house, did a little more cleaning and packing up...and more waiting.

Finally, at 6:00 that evening we went to the hospital.  I was still very excited and anxious.  At 7:45pm they started the induction with Citotek (a cervix softener).  They decided not to give me a second dose since the first dose caused me to start progressing pretty easily.  I remember being up almost all night with contractions being pretty uncomfortable...I did lots of walking and breathing...and very little sleeping.  So far things were going great...I was just so excited to have Caeden finally here!  Today has been crazy remembering all the emotions I experienced on this day and mainly just how excited I was...and how I had no idea what was to come!!!  I'll finish the story tomorrow on his birthday.....!

Now...On a fun note!!  Yesterday Caeden got to move to his "big boy" car seat!!  He has ALWAYS hated his baby car seat...since the first car ride home.  90% of the rides we took in the car were spent listening to fussing, crying, and sometimes screaming!  So yesterday was an exciting day!!  We ran a short trip to Walmart just so we could try it out and so far he loves it!  He was really focused on the cars in front of us and the buildings we were passing on the side...I realized he was looking at a view he had never seen before!  I think he felt so big!  He didn't fuss at all!  Now...I realize this was only a 10 minute car ride so we'll see how he continues to do, but I'm praying he'll continue to like it more than his rear-facing car seat.  Here are some pictures below:

Helping Daddy read the Owner's Manual


Getting Buckled In!!



And off we go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment