Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

School's Starting = Ella's Back!!

So school is officially starting tomorrow!  I have to say, this has been the shortest summer we have ever had...literally!  Reid did not get out of school until June 11 and went back August 9!  So sad...But we definitely cherished every moment together!  Caeden loved having his daddy home...and so did I!  Reid and I took turns sleeping in so that was my favorite part!  And I love that Reid got to be home for so many "firsts" for Caeden....including crawling, starting to point, clapping to music, saying "dada," using a spoon, pulling up on objects, learning to drink from a straw, WALKING, and celebrating his first birthday!  It was definitely a special time for Reid to be home with us each day!

Teacher meetings actually started last week.  And I was dreading the day Reid was going to go back to work.  Not only was I going to LOSE a "helper" (who changed half the diapers, helped with half the meals, etc.) but I was going to GAIN another baby, since Ella was coming back.  I figured this actually quadrupled my workload!  I was really nervous...how I, Caeden, AND Ella would handle this sudden transition. 

But I'm glad to say it's gone great!!  Ella only cried the first few days when her mom dropped her off....Now she happily comes in to play when she first arrives.  Caeden LOVES having a friend around.  He always wakes up from naptime first (b/c he takes short naps) so when Ella finally wakes up to play with him, he runs into her room smiling the whole way (no joke), and sometimes greets her with clapping or a hug!!  They love to play together!  And it's actually been very fun for me to have two babies here!  It's more entertaining for me AND for Caeden! 

They are both at this pre-toddler stage that is so fun!  It's like they're ending their "babyhood" but not yet a full-fledged "toddler."  This means they still come to me crying and wanting help if something is wrong, but they love to interact with each other, laugh, and play games!  I've already had so much fun with them this past week and am looking forward to this school year I get to spend with both of them.  Here are a few fun pictures to end my blog for now.  I took these this past week of them playing together:


WE GO OUTSIDE TO PLAY EVERY MORNING AFTER BREAKFAST.  THEY'RE FAVORITE THING TO DO IS PLAY ON THE PLAYSET/CLUBHOUSE!!
(Sometimes, I think that in their mind they're playing house....HA!)


THESE ARE SOME CUTE PICTURES OF THEM PUTTING A PUZZLE TOGETHER
(or attempting to put it together). :)



THIS WAS A FUN GAME THEY DISCOVERED A FEW DAYS AGO.  THEY LIKE TO SIT IN THE LAUNDRY BASKET AND TAKE TURNS PUSHING EACH OTHER AROUND ON THE TILE FLOOR!  SO FUNNY!! 
(You'll notice in the second picture that Caeden is frustrated that the basket won't move...Little does he realize that he's pushing it against the couch...)  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment