Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Caeden's Birthday Party!

Caeden does not actually turn one year old until Thursday of this week (more of that to come...), but we celebrated his 1st Birthday party last Saturday.  We had so much fun!!  I cannot tell you how many years I've thought about planning my kids' birthday parties...and my dream came true last weekend.   (I'm going to post a few short videos as I go along and just so you know, my sister is the one narrating). :)

We had his party at a local city park with a "toddler" playground.  They have a nice pavilion where we had some fun foods, popsicles, and some nice cold drinks (we needed it in the 100 degree weather).  It was so fun seeing Caeden's other one-year-old friends show up for his party, carrying him a present and waving "hi" to him.  It's so cute how they're already friends!  We had several pools and water games set up for them to play in. 

When it came time to open presents, Caeden was getting a drink from his Papa's water bottle.  But as he saw Nana carrying the presents over, he took off walking straight towards her and immediately started pulling on the ribbons!!  HA!  Hilarious how he knew exactly what to do!  He did a great job staying in one spot to open all the presents...However, I don't think he liked the fact that just as he opened a present and started playing with a toy, we took it away to give him another present to open...

Then came the time for the cake!! I made the birthday cake and his own little smash cake.  They each had a small "pool" in the middle to go with the water theme. 

There were mini oreos around the bottom edge of the cake and at first, Caeden would just pick off the oreos and eat those.  Eventually, he dug into the cake and loved it too!  His face was a total mess!!!  So was his swimsuit and high chair...it was everywhere...but so fun!

Then after he finished the cake, he went off to walk around some more and play in the water.  It was such a great 1st Birthday and was absolutely perfect in my eyes!  Now...I know you want to see pictures...but the problem is...we hired a photographer friend to take pictures for us (which I'm SO glad we did)...and we'll get them back sometime next week.  Sooo...I do not have ONE SINGLE picture on my camera!  I can't wait to get the pictures back from her and you can bet I'll have them posted right away.  I can't believe my baby boy is turning ONE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment