Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Finally...An Update!!

So after seven weeks, I've finally found time to sit down and update you on our lives. :)  Since I have so many followers...haha.  Yeah, August and September were very busy for us and we were out of town almost every weekend, visiting grandparents in Carl Junction, taking Caeden on his first trip to the zoo, going to Razorback football games, and going camping. Sigh....It's finally slowing down.  Now that fall has hit, we actually don't have anything big going on this entire month!!


So just as a small update, Caeden has been having much fun during the day playing with Ella.  We play outside EVERY DAY as I'm trying to take advantage of this weather before winter hits.  He still loves his playset he got for his birthday, and is learning how to use it in more of a purposeful way. :) 




The last 3 months, we've gone to First Friday which is one of our favorite family events.  We get to go hang out on the square, Caeden gets to eat Chick-fil-a (which he loves), Reid and I get to buy our Swalty popcorn and Caeden LOVES the ponies.




Several weeks ago, Caeden also learned how to eat at the table without his high chair!  Much cleaner for mom and dad!  However, I will say that during messy meals, we definitely pull out the tray. :)




And about a month ago, Reid and I found out that we're going to be an AUNT & UNCLE for the first time!  This is so exciting for us...and so weird to actually say. :)  My sister Amber, and her husband Caleb, are 15 weeks along and due on March 24.  We are so excited  and can't wait for Caeden to have a new cousin!  Here's a picture of her from last weekend (at 15 wks).




And as some of you have seen on Facebook, Caeden got his first haircut last week.  It was finally getting long and straggly enough, that it needed some style.  He looks so cute and "grown up" now.




And lastly, I just want to mention how loving he is right now.  Caeden LOVES giving hugs and kisses...and I'm soaking up every one of them.  Two nights ago, he was crying after his bath while we were putting on his PJ's.  I stopped, picked him up and laid his head on my shoulder.  After a minute of comforting him, he looked up at me, smiled, and gave me a big open-mouthed kiss!  I said "Thank You" and he gave me another.  Then he just contentedly laid his head back down on my shoulder.  So sweet!  It was like his kissing me was his way of telling me thank you for picking him up and making him feel better.  I love this boy!  Thank you God for blessing us with Caeden!

1 comment:

  1. AHHH, it fills my heart with so much joy to hear the love in your words. What a fun time for the three of you!

    ReplyDelete