Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Still learning..

So Caeden had two "firsts" yesterday.  Neither were something like smiling or walking....but they were just as memorable.  The first one was not such a good one.  But he got to experience time-out for the first time yesterday. :(  But I have to say...it DID work (this one time anyway...)!  After me repetitively telling him "no" and moving him away from what he was doing wrong, he continued to do the wrong thing and was even MORE insistent about it.  So I put him in his crib by himself for a few minutes, then we talked, then he didn't do it anymore.  Again, I HOPE this continues to work if I need to use it anymore.  I'm sure some days won't be as effective....I'm prepared for that.  But it was encouraging to see that it worked the first time.

Now the second "first" was much more special!  So we have prayed with Caeden every night before bed since he was a baby.  We always take his hands in ours and put them together while we pray.  And we try to pray before meals, but I will admit that I'm pretty sporadic about that during the day.  HOWEVER, I've remembered before almost every meal this week.  He's been so good to let me put his hands together while we say a short prayer before we eat.  WELLLLL....last night we finished his bath and putting on his pajamas and sat in his rocker.  Then he immediately put his hands together on his own!  We hadn't even put ours together yet. :)  He knew what it was time for.  And as usual he sat quietly while we prayed.  We tell him each time that we're going to "pray and talk to God."  Even though I'm sure he doesn't understand what we're doing.  It was huge to me that he KNEW what we were going to do next and that it was important enough to do every night.  I pray every day that he grows to have an intimate, personal relationship with Jesus and maybe this is just the beginning...

No comments:

Post a Comment