Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Baby #2 Pregnancy: Third Month

I think when I updated my blog last and broke the news of us being pregnant, I only covered the first month of us finding out.  So I'm going to recap the month of March here (which was the third month of my pregnancy). Being the last month of my first trimester, I continued to experience lots of exhaustion, gagging, and some AWFUL migraine headaches!!  My irritability continued (Sorry Caeden & Reid!)   All of these symptoms seemed a little worse than they were when I was pregnant with Caeden.

Here is a picture of my belly at 10 weeks.  My waist had already grown .5" around (uh-oh) and I knew it wouldn't be long before I was out of my regular clothes.  

Caeden is already loving to kiss on the baby

Some highlights from this month
  • Getting to hear the heartbeat on March 21 - I was 10 weeks pregnant. Reid and I both felt relief to know everything was okay, excitement to tell people, and an automatic love for this baby!  The heart rate was 164 bpm, which was very comparable to Caeden's at this time.  Our doctor also made our due date October 12!
  • Caeden's interactions with this baby.  He loves to talk to my belly (even though the baby can't hear him yet). :)  He often calls it "Adalyn" because we have a baby girl neighbor with that name.  This could be a problem if he continues to call it this name...Ha!  One time this month he was talking to my belly and said "Hi baby!  I wanna share my toys with you."  So sweet!...We'll see how long that thought lasts! ;)  He also said he wanted the baby to look like mommy...
  • Our most exciting moments this month were simply telling people!  I loved seeing everyone's reactions! The best were people who were very shocked and not expecting it at all!
  • This month I continued craving Chick-fil-a, but this time it was their chicken wraps.  This is kinda funny because normally these don't sound good to me at all, but this month...LOVED THEM!  The thought of eating their nuggets actually made me queasy...which is normally what I want when I go there. Crazy what hormones will do to you!
  • One day I was craving ice cream so bad and we had none in the freezer.  I sent Reid a text telling him my latest craving, hoping maybe if I put the thought in his head, he would "allow" us to go get some later in the evening.  Instead, he showed up after school with my favorite shake from Sonic! :)  Such a good husband!
  • Smells continued to make me sick and gag.  Mainly being around the sink (even when there were no dirty dishes or food in it) and the fridge...  This was also the month Caeden had his hernia repair done.  I gagged many times that day, as I kept smelling the hospital smell and anesthesia smell on him...ugh...
  • I finished my first trimester actually a little under my pre-pregnancy weight....just by a couple pounds.
With all my unpleasant symptoms, I was glad to finish my first trimester! :)  We already love this new little addition to our family and can't wait to meet "him!"  (I.e.: I think it's a boy!)  We think about "him" every day!!

1 comment:

  1. Loved catching up on your pregnancy! Now I need to do this with my blog. :) Oh my goodness, the fridge is the worst! I thought I just needed to clean ours out till I realized it was every fridge. Bleh! I know you want to see pics ... I'll have to get some up on my blog soon. Later, friend!

    ReplyDelete