Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Moments that Make Me Smile...

Today was one of those days that Caeden just kept saying funny things.  And there was one I just wanted to record.  I realize that it might not be as cute or funny to those reading it.  But having been in the moment, it just made me smile and I don't want to forget it.

Caeden had gone with me to pass out fliers in our neighborhood for our upcoming block party.  He was riding his tricycle.  While I was at one house, he waited on the sidewalk and squealed "Mommy!  A ladybug!"  As I turned around, he was squatted down trying to pick it up.  Since he was occupied, I walked 20 yds over to the next house real quick.  I walked back down to the sidewalk and called for him to come on.  I see him lift the compartment lid on the back of his trike and put something in.  He starts riding towards me very quickly, with the biggest, proudest smile on his face, saying, "Mommy!  I put ladybug in my tricycle!  I'M GIVING HIM A RIDE!!!  I'm pulling him!!"  He then repeated this a couple times.  He was so proud that he was giving the ladybug a ride. Ha!  I'm sure the ladybug appreciated it as well!

Once we got back to the house, we checked and the ladybug was still there, so we got some pictures!






And just for fun, an extra pic:
A few minutes later, he and Ella chased a beetle around the driveway!
These kids and bugs....

1 comment: