Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

First Day of "School" 2012

This is Caeden's second year to be in a Mother's Day Out program, and he started up this past Wednesday. Last year, he cried every week through December, so I was really praying this would not happen again!  We checked out lots of books about starting school, and had many conversations about this topic in the weeks leading up to the big day!  He went the day before to Open House and met his teacher, Ms. Beth.  Mommy absolutely loves her and thinks she will be perfect for Caeden!  He was quickly drawn to all the toys in the room and didn't want to leave.

The next morning was the big day!  As hard as I tried, I did not get a good "first day" picture from him.  It took everything just to get him to stand by the fireplace for me....so this is our "First Day" picture for this year!

First Day MDO 2012
Couldn't look any happier! :)


First Day MDO 2011
This was his picture from last year
Look how much he's grown!

When we got to school, he was running inside and said, "Mommy, I want to go to my room first so I can play with all the things.  Then you can take Ella to her room."  Sure enough, he walked right in, and didn't even say good-bye!  Ella did just as great - no tears from either one!!!

Once I picked them up from school, we went to get some ice cream so I could hear all about their day!  



Caeden had such a great memory, telling me they learned about colors and the farm (which is actually what the learned about). He said Ms. Beth read him a book..and they painted. He told me that he said, "Ms. Beth, I'm done!" when he was done! I asked him if they sang songs...He said, "Ms. Beth sing songs.  I just listen."  Ha! :)  He told me how he played on the playground and got wood chips in his sandals - so we'll make sure to wear tennis shoes next week!  He said that he had fun and liked Ms. Beth.  So, I said "Well, good!  We'll have to go back another day!"  Now, I'm just praying each week hereafter is just as great - I hope the excitement doesn't wear off soon and he decides he doesn't want to go anymore.

After our ice cream - we spent lots of time playing in Chick-fil-a.  Since all the big kids were still in school, we had the place to ourselves for a long time!  




I think it was a great start to his year, and I pray it goes this smoothly from here on out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment