Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pregnancy Update: 7th Month!

Yay!  I have just finished my 7th month of pregnancy with baby Callie!  Honestly, this month was pretty uneventful....pregnancy-speaking.  But I'm thankful for that!  And it still went by fast!  Only two short months left!

I honestly didn't have a bunch of "symptoms" this past month, besides simply being "uncomfortable!"  It's bad when I'm already this uncomfortable and I still have two months left!  I had occasional crampiness, lots of backaches, and stretchy pains in my stomach.  It's just harder to do simple things - harder to get in & out of the car, harder to lift Caeden, harder to bend over, and much harder to get down & up off the floor.  My belly just gets in the way a lot...

I also have several Braxton-Hicks contractions a day - some pretty painful. There was also one particular day my feet were really swollen.  It was a little weird that it happened so sudden.  But I read that too much caffeine can do that - and sure enough, I had 3 caffeinated drinks the day before.  That's a lot for someone who never drinks caffeine.  With 24 hours of drinking lots of water, and elevating my feet - they were back to normal in no time!

Callie was still a very active baby this month.  There isn't one particular day where she's the most active - just all throughout the day. However, she will move a lot anytime I lay on my back.  She still kicks, but I've felt many more movements across my belly and her pushing against me.  She hiccups almost daily, and Reid was finally able to feel her hiccup toward the end of the month!

My appetite has been pretty normal.  No weird cravings - just sweets - more than normal.  I'm trying to say "no" sometimes though. I haven't had any heartburn or been terribly forgetful as many women talk about.  Probably the most embarrassing thing is that so many people comment on how I'm probably due any time, or how they act shocked when I tell them I'm not due until October.  I know my belly is big people - I can't help it that I have such a short torso!!  However, I have only gained 13 lbs....so although I have a big belly - I feel better knowing I haven't gained a bunch of weight!

I'm still working out 4 days a week, and am so proud of myself!  I'm hoping to continue this until she's here - and then pick it back up quickly once she's arrived!

I also started my doctor's appointments every 2 weeks this past month, so that's fun!  My glucose screening test was done this month, and it came back normal!  However, it did show very low levels of Iron.  So, I'm now taking an Iron supplement every day, instead of just every other day. I started having ligament pain on my left side, but after buying a maternity support belt, this has greatly improved!  My doctor also said I'm starting to have Diastis Recti.  This is when your abdominal muscles split in pregnancy.  I had this with Caeden, but not until the last month.  It just means I need to be careful when I'm working out, and wear my support belt every day - which I'm already doing.  It doesn't pose any danger to Callie - just uncomfortable for me.

Some exciting things that happened this month:

  • This was the month we went to Florida - a little harder with a big belly, but I made it!
  • We bought a minivan!  Since I will have Caeden, Callie & Ella, we can't fit all 3 car seats in our CR-V, so we had to buy something with 3 rows.  My choice?  A minivan!  And I love it!!
Here is a picture of me when I was in my 7th month with Caeden....and then with Callie.


What Callie is up to at the time of this post:

  • She weighs approximately 3 lbs and is around 16 inches long.
  • Her eyes are no longer fused shut, so she opens & closes them during sleep & wake times.
  • She is still putting on the fat, so she'll be nice and plump by the time she arrives!
  • Her brain is starting to form wrinkles and take on new jobs - like regulating her own temperature.  This means she is now shedding the "lanugo" hair that has been on her body. 

We are so excited for Callie to get here!  I pray that she and Caeden will have a special bond as siblings!  I know we're getting so close!  The next two months will fly by!

PS - Caeden is still so excited.  He recently asked me, "HOW will the doctor take Callie out?"  When I said, "Well, she'll just take her out of my belly,"  he replied with, "But, HOW?"  Uhhh....I think I just quickly changed the subject.  

2 comments:

  1. You are much tanner this pregnancy than you were with Caeden! Lol.. And I hope that with you working out consistently, it will help with your labor, delivery, and recovery. And Caedens questions crack me up... ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great, Ashley!! Oh, those people that think one is "due anytime." Let me guess, they are men and/or have never been pregnant or had pregnant wives themselves? :) Nice work on the working out, too! I have been walking, but that's pretty much it. We're nearing the end, friend!

    ReplyDelete