Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pregnancy Update: Week 40

So my 40th week....which I would later find out was my last week to be pregnant...

I was very uncomfortable - more like "miserable."  I had lots of backaches, cramping, and painful contractions.  I had several false alarms where I thought I was going into labor....and then the contractions would spread out.  This caused me to feel a little bit disappointed each time it wasn't true labor.

At the beginning of my 40th week (a week before my due date), I lost my mucous plug.  This made me excited and I thought it was going to happen within the next 48 hours....but it didn't. :(

Halfway through the week, I was feel discouraged because I thought maybe I would not be able to go into labor on my own....maybe I WOULD have to be induced.  But I really didn't want to be....I just kept praying that Callie would come in God's timing...and that I would KNOW I was in labor.  *Since I had painful contractions all the time, I was afraid I wouldn't know when it was the real thing.*

On October 9th (3 days before my due date), I went to my weekly doctor's appointment.  I was disappointed to find out that there was no change from the week before (1-2 cm & 60-70% effaced).  Now I was sure I would have her late...I had no change all week.  The doctor told me she wanted to see me Monday (Oct 15th....3 days PAST my due date) and that I could be induced that day if I wanted.  If I chose not to, she would definitely induce me on Oct 20th (8 days past).

I came home, talked to Reid, prayed lots, and we decided that we would be induced on Monday if she hadn't arrived by then.  I really wanted her to be born on her own timing - and continued to pray for that - but I was also afraid to go TOO late.   And after having a bad experience with induction with Caeden - I was really nervous about being induced.

So, the prayers continued...."God, PLEASE allow Callie to be born on her own BEFORE Monday, if it's Your will.  If so, please help me to KNOW I'm in labor and not have to guess.  I do trust your timing though and if you want me to be induced on Monday, I will be.  I trust your timing God.  Just allow her to be healthy & kept safe."

This was a prayer I said several times throughout every day and night that week...

1 comment:

  1. Exercise is the best activity, because it protects the people from pain symptoms and allows them to maintain fitness.

     week by week fetal development 

    ReplyDelete