Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day! And Happy Birthday!

First of all, Happy Father's Day to Reidy! This is Reid's first official Father's Day and I hope it's special for him. I want him to know how much I truly do appreciate him as Caeden's daddy. From the day Caeden was born, Reid has been so very involved...I think he changed more diapers that first few weeks than I did! He has always been willing to get up in the middle of the night with Caeden when he needs to...even when he has to go to work the next day. And after coming home from a long day at work, with 75 students, he is still willing and eager to play and "wrestle" with Caeden. I know that as Caeden grows up, he will have a daddy who makes a huge difference in his life...Thanks and I love you Reid!

And of course, Happy Father's Day to my dad!! He, too, is amazing! As I have become a new parent this year, I have a new respect for my parents! I now understand how selfless it was of my dad to come home at night and play with me after working all day (sometimes two jobs and going to school full-time when I was first born). The times he blocked out just for me - coming to eat lunch at school with me, going on field trips with me, teaching me how to play softball, his willingness to "let go" so I could learn to ride a bike :), taking me on MANY family vacations that I will never forget, letting me have my friends over to hang out in high school, leading me to the "right" University (U of A of course), coming to my school dressed as Santa, when I was a teacher, so my students could experience the magic of Christmas, and this past year even being a GREAT papa who loves to see Caeden and play with him! We all know our parents have a role in who we become as an adult. I, too, can credit much of who I am to the things my dad taught me through life.

And lastly, Happy Birthday to my mom!!! Yes, I know...Funny how all of the important people in my life are celebrated on the same day! :) She too, did just as much as my dad did. I was a hard baby, to say the least...crying for hours upon end, never sleeping for more than an hour a day, and having to be always entertained...it was hard to make me happy! But my mom so patiently loved me, walked the floors with me, and helped me grow to who I am today. Again, having a baby, I have a new appreciation for moms! There have been days where Caeden reminds me of my characteristics as a baby and I say, "I don't know how you did it mom!" I see so many tiny things that I do for Caeden that he will never know. And I know my mom did those same things for me. I'm sure that there are too many to count...things she did that I will never realize or know of. But I know they were so important! I'm so thankful to have a mom who stayed home with me when I was younger. And my mom and I definitely have a special connection. She has definitely been a parent to me, teaching me right from wrong along the way. But she has also been a best friend...someone who I can share anything with and who loves me unconditionally! I remember waking up in the mornings and always seeing her read her Bible and praying....she still does to this day...EVERY DAY!! I have to say this is part of why I enjoy spending each morning with the Lord also. Everyone has struggles and weaknesses in life, but I can honestly say that having a consistent "quiet time" has never been one of my struggles. And I think this is largely due to the fact that I saw my mom do one every day and the fruit that it produced. Thanks mom and I hope you have a great birthday because you sure deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment