Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Watching the Half-Marathon!!

We are in Carl Junction this weekend and this morning I got to see my sister run her first half-marathon! For those of you who have been to races before, you know the hype and mayhem that goes on! It's so fun when you see your sister and her husband in the distance, tired and wet from running 13 miles and all of a sudden you hear the crowd cheering, shaking cowbells, and the announcer encouraging them! Amber and Caleb sprinted at the very end...looked to me like they were trying ot beat each other! :) It was so awesome, I felt like I was going to cry! I used to run a little but the furthest I ever ran was a 5K....I can't imagine anything more than that! And 13 miles...2 hours!! Wow! I'm so proud of them...sometimes it makes me think, "If they can do it, surely I can do it!" But then I quickly shake that out of my head! I think I'm doing great if I get a daily walk in! Ha! You can see a video of her finishing the race on my facebook page if you want!

Lastly, I thought I would share some advice one of the ladies in my Wednesday night Bible study shared last week. I was talking about how the addition of Caeden has been a huge adjustment for Reid and I, as a family. Honestly, having a baby has been really tough for us....which is not what we expected! As you read in my post the other day, it's getting much better and much more enjoyable! But there are still hard days! In talking about this, one of the ladies shared some advice she received 23 years ago, when her first daughter was born. She said:
"Don't expect your life to go 'back to normal.' You have a new 'normal' now. It may take some time to find that 'new normal' but you'll get there."

I thought that was very smart! Maybe Reid and I expected our lives to continue on as they were...just with a new baby to take everywhere with us. Obviously, that didn't happen!! But that doesn't mean it's a bad change...it's just a "new normal." And we are slowly finding that "new normal." Of course, someone was quick to point out that it will all change again when we have ANOTHER baby! Haha! I guess each time we enter a new phase of life, we should move into it NOT expecting our lives to go BACK to normal, but to find a new normal...

No comments:

Post a Comment