Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Our Amazing Weekend!

So I don't have any pictures to include in this post (I know...its sad), but I have lots of fun stuff to share anyway!  First of all, this has completed my fourth week on my New Year's Resolution....and I lost an additonal 2 lbs. this week!  That is a total of 5 pounds in the month of January!  This means I have 19 pounds to go (and 3 months to do it in) to reach my ultimate goal.  With prayer and self-discipline, I think I can do it!  I am very happy with this result and am going to continue working out, tracking what I'm eating, and drinking lots of water. 

Now, for more fun stuff!  When Caeden was 8 mos old, we started letting the grandparents take him once a month for a 24 hour period...so we could have part of the weekend to ourself.  It's hard each time we drop him off because we know we'll miss him, but we are ALWAYS glad we do it...as Reid and I definitely enjoy the much-needed break each month.  My parents and Reid's parents alternate months so they each get turns with him. :)

And this weekend was "that" weekend!  I met Reid's parents (Nonnie & Grandpa) halfway on Friday afternoon and they took care of him until this evening.  He had great fun, played outside, played with a puppy, and had fun getting spoiled!  I'm pretty sure he didn't even notice we weren't there...as much as I hate to admit it! ;)

So now for what Reid and I did to enjoy ourselves!  We used one of our gift cards from Christmas and went to Red Robin to eat.  It was great fun being able to take our time, enjoy a meal, and not have to worry about taking care of a toddler at the table.  THEN we got to use another gift card and go get ice cream from the infamous Cold Stone Creamery - THIS part was great, because normally we have to be home by 6:30 to get Caeden ready for bed....Last night, we didn't have a curfew!  Woo hoo!  When we got home, we watched our Netflix movie, and went to bed!  You'll notice this was an evening full of relaxation for FREE (2 gift cards plus a Netflix movie)...Love it!

We slept in, made apple turnovers for breakfast, read the paper, did our Bible study, and just took our time getting around...AWESOME!  Seeing that the weather was already mid-60s when we woke up, we knew we had to take advantage of this one beautiful day we're getting!  So we took our bikes, drove to a nearby trail, and biked four miles!  Usually when I ride my bike, it's just around the neighborhood, so this was new but fun for me!  Next.....Used gift card #3 to eat lunch at McAlister's.  Since I figured I needed even more exercise to burn off all these meals, we decided to go on a hike at another local trail.  By this time, my legs were like jelly and my body was exhausted!  But it was such a fun day of being outside, good conversation, and getting to spend time together!   We finished the afternoon by going home to "rest" for a little bit (wink-wink) and then went to get some (more) ice cream at an amazing place in Bentonville called YumYos!!  By this time, it was time to leave, and meet Caeden halfway to pick him up!

We were so excited to see him...and we felt so refreshed after our little break.  While we love Caeden more than words can express, it's so easy to forget what life was like before kids.  To re-live that in 24 hours is so much fun!  I'm excited to spend the next month with my "little mister" and then let Nana & Papa have a turn!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment