Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

A start....

So, I'll first start with the long-awaited news :) and then continue on with my short reflection.  I weighed this morning and found that I lost .5 lb.  As little as this, I was happy.  I figure at least I'm going in the right direction (better than gaining a .5 lb....which has been the norm lately).  AND even though the scale didn't show a huge change, I can already tell a difference in my habits.  I worked out four times this week, and definitely ate healthier snacks throughout the day.  I DID monitor my portion sizes, however, I'm thinking my eyes might not be a very good measuring tool.  :) 

So, I'm going to continue with my same three goals for this week (work out 3 times, healthier snacks, and smaller portion sizes).  BUT I'm going to accomplish the last two goals by counting my points (Weight Watchers).  I did Weight Watchers last year and it worked great for me....So since I have all the tools, I'm going to use them.  I figure if I count my points this week, that will take care of the portion sizes and snack choices. 

So there ya have it folks....not the pound and a half I was hoping for, but it's progress!  This week I'm going to continue to work out three times and start counting my food points.  Wish me luck (and say a prayer)! 

1 comment:

  1. Emerson is gaining .5 lb a week now :) But it's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete