Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

A few fun links!

For this blog, I'm going to put some fun links I've found lately.  The first one is to a Summer Fun Calendar for June.  One of the blogs I follow posted this and I thought it was really neat.  She has several kids and knows how quickly they get bored during the summer.  So she made a calendar for each month.  Each day has fun, learning activities for you and your kids to do together.  Click on the picture below and you will be taken to her page.  You will have to enter your email address and the FREE calendar will be emailed to you!!



Another blog I follow is of a mom who homeschools 4 of her 5 kids.  Each month she puts out a Meal Calendar.  This meal calendar has something planned for Breakfast, Lunch, Snack & Dinner EACH day!  Again, it's free!  While I don't follow this exact calendar for every meal, I like to look at it for ideas on other options to make for breakfasts and snacks.  I feel like I make Caeden and Ella the same 2-3 things every week, so this calendar has given me some new easy options.  However, YOU may enjoy having this calendar to follow each day.  Click the picture below to see the June Meal Plan.



Here's another one: a great book called "A Minute for Mommy."  The author lives in Bentonville and is just a normal mom with two kids.  However, she loves to journal.  Since her kids were born, she has recorded and reflected on things they've done and said.  This book is a collection of those stories and how each one illustrates a character of God, or a lesson she's learned from them.  It's a devotional book for us busy moms, which uses these stories to remind us of the blessings our kids are to us.  I can only pray that I will do the same thing, record and reflect on the things Caeden does.  Anyway, I would highly recommend this book - You can get it for $12 at the link below.   



Okay, I think that's it for now!  Just a note - I am not receiving any money or recognition for posting these things on my blog!  I just thought they were so great that every mom should know about them!  Hope you have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment