Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Our Father's Day Celebration!

Father's Day was fun to celebrate this year because Caeden is a little older and was able to help make the day special.  Caeden and I are VERY lucky to have Reid in our lives.  He's an amazing husband to me, and an incredible daddy to Caeden.  Ever since Caeden's first night, Reid has gone above and beyond in taking care of him.  So Caeden and I wanted to make this weekend very special for him.

We started a few weeks ago.  I checked out several books from our library about "daddy, " "dad," etc.  Each night we have been reading them to Caeden - So he kind of had an idea about what Father's Day was about and why we love our daddy so much!  Except we called it "Daddy Day." :)

We celebrated Saturday because we were planning on being out of town part of this weekend.  On Saturday, Caeden woke up and helped me make Daddy a *yummy* breakfast...Blueberry Crumble Cake!  And Caeden truly helped - I even let him measure, pour the ingredients in, and start the mixer.  He also helped by cleaning up the used spatula (with his mouth, of course).  We let Reid sleep in and then woke him with some big kisses, hugs, and Caeden saying "Daddy Day!!"

After breakfast, we gave him our gifts.

From Caeden:  A fingerpainting he made for Daddy to put on his desk at work


From Mommy:  His continued scrapbook from last year



Then, we wanted to do something with Reid that HE enjoys.  Since hiking is one of his favorite hobbies, we drove to a nearby trail to hike, throw rocks in the creek, and watch fish.



The next thing on our plan was to do a "chore" for Reid.  Caeden and I decided we would wash Reid's truck for him. But of course, since this would a kinda fun chore, Reid wanted to join in.  Unfortunately Caeden took an unusually long nap that afternoon and we had to leave town.  So we didn't get to this part yet - but we will do it this week.  Overall, it was a great Father's Day and we had fun celebrating together!

LASTLY, I need to give a shout out to MY dad!!!  My dad is one of those classic dads who would come home from work and play with me and my sisters, come say my prayers with me every night, pray with us before school in the mornings, was patient when we made mistakes, and taught us lots of skills....from how to hit a softball, to time-management, to big vocabulary words like "discombobulated," to always tithing first (even if it's only 10 cents from my $1.00 allowance).  He was and IS a wonderful dad and I'm so blessed to have him as my father!!  I love you very much dad!!!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment